Deon Douresseau

Hau KHual, Editor

Today is Senior Appreciation Day and one Significant Senior with whom I’ve had the pleasure to interview about him and how YMLA has made him the person he is today. I’d like to share his thoughts about Highschool, outside life, and hobbies he loved to do and enjoy in his own spare time. 

In my interview with Deon, he mentioned that he had many hobbies and interests. They were Animal Care which was dealing with different animals and caring for them. Another hobby is of course video games which he enjoys playing on his own time or with friends. He even likes to play the guitar and the french horn where it took him 6 years to master both instruments in his lifetime.

During his time at school, I asked about any memorable moments he may have or memories that would be unforgettable after he graduates. He talked about Dances and the events he and his class year of 2022 hosted this year. “One fond memory was the A&B Honor rolls that we used to attend in Middle School and High School.” This quote by Deon was a big memory for me as well as I remember attending those events as well when they congratulated the ones who achieved it through their hard work and consistency to keep a good grade point average. 

Teachers are the ones we cherished the most to help in our path to success and during the interview, I asked him who is the most important or favorite teacher that he likes during his time in YMLA. He mentions 2 specific teachers Mr. Kincaid who is unfortunately not here anymore and Ms. Montgomery who is currently attending YMLA. Deon is also a person who remembers every single person he meets whether it was students to teachers he has some sort of memory for them. After going through the people he knows in School I moved on to ask him about his future careers or what he would do after graduation. The Career he wants to pursue is Animal Science referring to how much he cares about animals and one of his hobbies is to take care of animals and learn to be an Animal Life Expert. He has a very charismatic personality when it comes to animals and others when you meet him in person.

As talked about, Deon Douresseau is a person you can get to know and understand his goals and personality. I personally want to thank Deon for his time to have a chat with me and to get to know him better through the use of my writing skills and to all of you out there for getting to know a little more about our seniors at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy

.